Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Section III subsection ?: Ordination Studies Group
Policies for Ordination with Lyceum of Trees

The Board of Directors shall approve the forming of any Ordination Study Group and the members to be involved.

Members of any Lyceum of Trees Ordination Study Group shall have completed Lyceum of Trees Year and a Day class.

Members of any Lyceum of Trees Ordination Study Group shall be initiates of Lyceum of Trees.

Members of any Lyceum of Trees Ordination Study Group shall be dues paying members in good standing.

The Ritual of Ordination for a graduating Ordination Study Group shall be open to Lyceum of Trees members.

Members of any Lyceum of Trees Ordination Study Group shall be familiar with the Statement of Principles and the policies of Lyceum of Trees and agree to represent them in their ministry.

Approved January 4, 2018
The numbering of the subsections (of the sections, too, for that matter) is arbitrary. I suggest numbering them in the order in which we work on them. So this would be Section III, Subsection 1.

That said, I find it easier to use a large document like this if arabic numerals are used throughout. It seems to me that "Section 8, Subsection 3" is easier to comprehend than "Section VIII Subsection 3". It is also easier to abbreviate: "Policy 8.3.5" would refer to the 5th numbered paragraph in the 3rd subsection of policy 8. That is more digestible by computers, which have a difficult time identifying roman numerals as numbers and sorting them properly.

Mostly I would like to avoid the foolishness of things like "501©3", which maybe made sense back when the world was younger but not so much now.